“The most important quality of the program is its evolution."
"The program is constantly being expanded, modified and refined to make it more convenient and easy to use.”
- Deniz Top
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
"...you guys have ROCKIN support! Always quick, always helpful and always right on! Thanks!!!
- Bill Sargent, MT., A.S.C.P. Flow Cytometry Department CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories
This page contains a list of frequently asked questions about different FCS Express topics. Please check below to see if the answer to your question is there. If not, please feel free to check our online forums or contact our support staff.
- Is there an upgrade discount from earlier versions of FCS Express?
- Can different versions of FCS Express exist on the same computer?
- How can I view and convert my V3 layouts to FCS Express 6?
- Where did the Edit Preferences go?
- Why can't I change my plot axis labels from the Name keyword to the Stain keyword?
- How do I import my version 3 security databases into newer versions of FCS Express?
- Updating Density Plots created in Version 4
- What is your refund policy?
- What is the difference between the demo, lite and professional versions?
- How can I claim my license purchased through BD Accuri Cytometers?
- How can I claim my license purchased through BD Biosciences?
- How can I claim my license purchased through Nexcelom Biosciences?
- How can I claim my license purchased through Sysmex-Partec GmbH?
- Do you offer an IQ/OQ program that can be used as part of our validation?
- What is a configuration file?
- Where is the configuration information stored on my hard drive?
- What is a countercode?
- How do I know what version of FCS Express I have?
- What are the system requirements for FCS Express?
- How much memory (RAM) can FCS Express use?
- How do I reinstall FCS Express on another computer?
- How do I activate my Dongle?
- How can I change my Internet Dongle/Site License password?
- Why am I unable to save my new configuration file when extending my demo?
- How do I download FCS Express Demo?
- How do I switch from FCS Express Reader to FCS Express Demo?
- How can I extend my FCS Express Demo?
- What do I choose for the .FEY Extension Registry message?
- Why does my network license give an error about copying FCSExpressApp.exe?
- What are the details for the architecture of the FCS Express Network version?
- How can I use 32 bit and 64 bit installations of FCS Express on the same Network license?
- How many people can be logged in at the same time?
- How many user accounts can I create?
- Can I track usage of the internet dongle and site license?
- What happens to the users login in case of an unexpected interruption? For instance a software crash, power failure, etc.
- What happens if the user leaves the computer without logging out?
- If a user left the computer running can the user log themselves out from another computer?
- Can the administrator log users out?
- Do you have to be connected to the internet at all times?
- What happens if I lose my internet connection?
- Can I try out the internet dongle before I make a purchase?
- What is the difference between the internet dongle and a network version license?
- Where can I get more information regarding a Site License?
- How do I use R Integration with FCS Express 6?
- What is MFI (Mean or Median Fluorescence Intensity) and how do I calculate it in FCS Express?
- How do I change the display in my plots from one data file to another data file?
- Why is the Geometric Mean Always zero?
- How do I update my density and contour plots created in Version 4 to the Version 6 color palette?
- What is Biexponential and Hyperlog™ Scaling?
- How does FCS Express implement software compensation?
- Why are there sometimes Access Violations when I save and load files?
- What are resolution options?
- How can I set FCS Express so my FCS 3.0 data looks the same as on biexponential as it did in the BD FACSDiva software?
- What is the best way to set FCS Express to display FCS 3.0 data from FACSDiva on a 4 decade log scale?
- Why do my dot plots appear sparse and blocky?
- Why is the text on the right most label cut off my plot?
- How can I recreate ratiometric data acquired in FACSDiva?
- Why are my density plots not displayed correctly?
- Why are there fewer outlier dots on my FCS Express 6 density plots than in V4?
- What is the Elapsed Time setting in the Gallios software and how do I convert it to real time?
- How do I display Summit data in FCS Express as it appears in the Summit Software?
- How do I use Accuri CFlow files with Multicyle DNA analysis in FCS Express?
- Why do I get an "Old Format or Invalid Type Library" error when trying to use Microsoft Excel during Batch Processing?
- Where can I get more information regarding DNA analysis using the Multicycle AV Plug-in?
- How are statistics in FCS Express calculated compared to how they are calculated in BD FACSDiva?
- What are the differences between the different batch processing run modes and why would I want to use them?
- What is "Stain Index" and how do I calculate it with FCS Express?
- How can I display my statistical data in Scientific Notation?
- How to I work with R in FCS Express?
- Can I use the FlowClean R Script with FCS Express?
- How do I rescale CytoFLEX data so it displays as it did at acquisition?
- What is t-SNE?
- How do I load data from the Abbott Celldyne Sapphire™?
- How can I load data from the Accuri C6™ Flow Cytometer?
- Why do I get the message that a data file exported from a FACSDiva™ Experiment is invalid?
- High Content: How do I tell FCS Express what plate size to use if that information is not included in the data file?
- How do I export my data from the Chemometec NucleoView NC-3000 Software for use in FCS Express Image Cytometry?
- How do I load data from the Molecular Devices MDCStore?
- How do I configure the Molecular Devices MDCStore to save segmentation overlays to the database?
- How do I export .ICE files from Thermo Cellomics HCS Studio software?
- How do I export and load data from Amnis IDEAS Software?
- How do I change which images and parameters to view in a data grid?
- How do I pseudocolor images in a data grid?
- How do I make images in my data grid larger?
- How do I change the resolution of my exported images?
- How do I change from a portrait display to a landscape display?
- What is the difference in features between the Flow and Image Version?
- What does the Image Cytometry Version Cost?
- Do you offer image segmentation or image analysis?
- Can I display heat maps with my Image Cytometry Data?
- With which image formats is FCS Express Image Cytometry compatible?
- Do you offer a Clinical Image Cytometry version?
- Do you offer 21CFR Part 11 compliance options for the Image Cytometry Version?
- How do I upload files to the De Novo Software FTP site?
- Where can I find more information about the Internet Dongle license option?
- Where can I find more information about the site license option?
Hyperlog is a trademark of Verity Software House
CellDyne Sapphire is a trademark of Abbott Diagnostics
FACSDiva is a trademark of Becton Dickinson