- Operating System
- Hard Drive Space
- Network Version Requirements
- Security System
- Microsoft Office
Windows: FCS Express 6 can run on Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10
- 32-bit FCS Express will run in a 32-bit or 64-bit environment.
- 64-bit FCS Express will run in a 64-bit environment.
- Why choose 64-bit over 32-bit?
- Computers running 64-bit applications generally have more resources, such as power or memory, that are available to them, compared to their 32-bit counterparts.
- If you are analyzing large data files, or large datasets, and your computer is running a 64-bit operating system, a 64-bit application is suggested.
- If using FCS Express 6, macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or higher.
- If using FCS Express 5 or less in a Windows virtual machine environment on a Mac, such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion, please see our recorded video for setting up FCS Express for use on Mac.
- There is no minimum processor requirement. The faster the processor, the faster the program will run.
- FCS Express 6 takes advantage of many features that are available in higher end Intel Chips. For optimum performance, use the newest generation processors. For example, an i7 will significantly outperform an i5 even if the number of cores and clock speed of the processors are equivalent.
- FCS Express 6 can take advantage of all cores in the computer. Thus, while not required, a multi-core computer will be significantly faster than a single core computer for many functions.
FCS Express itself requires very little memory. The amount of memory you need is determined primarily by the size and number of data files that you are going to be analyzing at the same time. As a general rule, we suggest as much memory as possible.
FCS Express 6 (32-bit) (PC Only) can use up to 3 GB of memory on a 32-bit Windows system, and 4 GB of memory on a 64-bit Windows system.
FCS Express 6 (64-bit) (PC and Mac) can use up to 128 GB on 64-bit machine.
- The FCS Express PC version complete installation is about 130 MB including the program itself, PDF manual and help file, including the tutorials. The sample data is available as a separate download, and will require approximately 125 MB.
- The FCS Express Mac version requires a minimum of 2 GB of free space.
There is no particular requirement of the file server that you are going to install the FCS Express Network version on. Since the software executes on the client's local computer, it does not consume resources of the file server. The FCS Express network version has been successfully installed on Windows based, Linux based and SAN networks.
If the Security option is purchased with FCS Express, there are two choices for database options:
- ElevateDB Local Server
- Microsoft SQL Server - FCS Express is compatible with SQL Server 2005 or newer.
FCS Express 6 can export in PowerPoint®, Excel® and Word formats. Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 are all supported. FCS Express 6 can also generate these exports independently of Microsoft Office.
PowerPoint and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation